An online academy for journalism.
The Reporterfabrik wants to foster the professional training of journalists and the general public, to improve their use of new digital possibilities of research, storytelling and publishing. The team behind the Reporterfabrik contacted us in 2018 in order to set up an LMS where they can offer their professional knowledge within online courses to their target audience. In spring 2019, the Reporterfabrik was supplemented by the „Bürgerakademie
for Media Competence“ as a sister project, which is more strongly oriented towards the
educational interests of citizens.
Abstract-Technology supported the Team as a technical consultant and service provider. With our expertise in working with the Open Source LMS Open edX® platform, we delivered a custom, modern, flexible, and easy to use learning platform responding to their needs and goals.
It is a cost-effective solution which allows portability and has backing support from the global active community as well as high security standards and DSGVO conformity.
Our deliverables in this project
We supported and still support the team by providing:
- Professional consultancy
- Open edX instance set-up
- Theme implementation according to the corporate brand
- Hosting, support and maintenance of the system
- Full localization in German
- Implementation of an ecommerce system
- Implementation of an analytics tool
- Microsite configuration
- Authors training and support in course content creation
- Ongoing consultancy and performance of further developments according to the project's needs and campaigns